2018-2019 MAJOR CHANGES
Deer may be hunted over or near any bait on private lands in all counties. (pg 6)
2018-2019 HUNTING REGULATIONS
Bait: corn, wheat, other grains, salts, apples, and other feed that has been placed, exposed, deposited, distributed, or scattered so as to constitute a lure, attraction, or enticement to game animals or game birds.
IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR ANY PERSON TO:
- Hunt any game animal (except as noted below) or game bird upon, over, around, or near bait.
- Hunt any area for a period of 10 days following complete removal of all bait.
- Hunt any big game or feral hog over bait or place bait on any State or Federal managed lands.
- Place bait in a manner that will cause hunting on an adjacent property to be prohibited.
Taking of any big game over bait is subject to a fine of $5,000 and/or imprisonment up to 12 months.
NEW EXCEPTIONS FOR DEER:
- Deer may be hunted over or near any bait on private lands in all counties, provided the hunter has written permission from the landowner. It is unlawful to hunt deer over bait or place bait on any state or federally managed lands. (pg 26)
UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES on WMAs
Placing bait or wildlife food and hunting any game species or feral hog over bait. (pg 42)
FEDERAL AREA REGULATIONS
...Prohibited:...Placing, leaving, or depositing any food, bait, or garbage in a manner likely to attract or concentrate any wildlife, whether for purposes of hunting or viewing animals. Failure to properly store food or garbage so as to prevent access by wildlife. (pg 66)